- Replace or repaint worn front door to create a good impression.
- Polish or add brass knocker.
- Make sure front door has a working peephole.
- Check doorbell and repair or replace as necessary.
- Replace worn mailbox.
- Make sure house number is clearly visible and attractive.
- Polish, repair and/or replace all door handles and locks. Make sure all outside doors have deadbolts or other safety locks.
- Mow lawn, remove all weed and water regularly.
- Use a good quality lawn food to make grass healthy and ammonia sulfate (available at garden or hardware store) to bring out the green. Reseed or resod thin or brown lawn.
- Cut grass back from edge of house as well as from plants and trees.
- Trim edges by fences, walls, walkways, sidewalk, driveway and around plants, hedges and trees.
- Remove all children’s toys, garden tools and hoses.
- Repair loose or broken fences, or cracked or loose retaining walls.
- Clean up after pets.
- Remove all dead limbs.
- Remove and/or replace dead trees or shrubs. You can also use potted plants in yard and them take them along with you when you move.
- Trim shrubs.
- Remove overhanging or intruding limbs from walkways, gutters and utility lines. Cut limbs from neighbouring yards.
- Spray for insect infestations.
- Trim all vines or other growths from fences.
- Remove debris from all surfaces.
- Clear storage areas.
- Restain, repaint or seal all wooden decks.
- Check and secure all railings.
- Clear all spider webs and insect nests.
- Wash entire area.
- Resurface stained or worn areas. Repair all cracks.
- Remove snow from driveway and all walkways in winter
- Resurface stained or cracked areas.
- Patch all holes.
- Seal all asphalt.
- Replace thin gravel areas.
- Repaint or reshingle if necessary.
- Check all shutters and awnings. Tighten if loose or replace if worn.
- Clean out gutters and downspouts. Repair or replace if necessary.
- Check, repair and replace flashings, vents, chimneys, stacks and skylights.
- Check, repair and replace exterior lighting as necessary. Use bright bulbs.
- Paint all railings.
- Repair cracks in foundation, walls and steps.
- Clear leaves, snow, ice or other debris from walkways and porches.
- Replace worn trashcans.
Contact me for more tips!
Photo credits: pinterest.com, getyimages.com, roomzaar.com, houselogic.com, frankdolski.com, highpowerednetwork.com